With the right information, sales leaders can step up to lead the conversation with CIOs, IT leaders and others in the C-suite about lucrative digital value creation.
6 options for new digital revenue
There are six key ways to earn new digital revenue, says LeHong (vice president and fellow at Gartner).:
- Sell existing digital assets: Sell assets that others consider valuable, such as information, know-how or brands.
- Digitalize a product or service: Do this to complement traditional, nonconnected offerings in the enterprise’s product mix.
- Sell metered revenue: Sell on a pay-as-you-use basis so buyers can reap the benefits of the asset without sinking resources into owning or managing it.
- Contract assets based on shared-risk outcome: Vary prices for buyers based on a shared-outcome metric, such as service level maintained, a successful sale or a health outcome.
- Run a platform business: Enable the trading of products and services without having to own or distribute the products or services.
- Move into adjacent or new industries: Explore the organization’s potential for using its know-how in one industry to launch its way into another.